top of page

We buy any make, age & condition

The best prices paid GUARANTEED

We Buy Diplomat Cars

Need to sell your Diplomatic car? We can help you with the DVLA, HMRC and FDCO process and make payments FAST!

Thanks for submitting!

Assistance with HMRC & VAT issues.

Expert knowledge about deregistration with DVLA

Fast Payments

Once we agree a price, and your car has been de-registered we make payment within 24 hours of collection with ZERO fees.

Fast & Simple Process

Your Diplomatic car will not appear on the DVLA database so most valuation websites will not be able to help you. We can give you a price for your car straight away with only a few details required.

Expert Knowledge

We can assist you with arranging the deregistration of your Diplomatic car before you sell it at no cost you!

Our Diplomatic Specialty

We've been doing it for over 20 years and counting

We are the only specialist buyers of Diplomatic cars in the UK. We offer a friendly and personal service to guide you though the process of de-registering your car before sale and advising you about DVLA and HMRC rules.


We make the process of selling your Diplomatic car easy so it's one less thing for you to worry about. Contact us today if you are ready to sell your diplomat car.

  • Why should I choose Diplomatic Car Buyers?
    We are the only specialist buyers for Diplomatic cars in the UK. The online valuation sites will not be able to give you a value for your car. We can give you a price with minimal fuss.
  • How does the process work?
    First we will need to see your Diplomatic registration certificate (V117) and get the mileage for your car. Based on this we can give you an initial price.
  • How quickly can you give me a price for my car?
    We aim to get back to you with a value for your car within 24hrs of your enquiry.
  • What documents do I need?
    Initially we just need to see the Diplomatic registration certificate (V117). If your car needs an MOT we will need this too later.
  • Do I need FCDO approval?
    Yes. Before you can sell your Diplomatic car you will need to get permission from the FCDO. We can help you with the forms you need for this.
  • Do I have to pay VAT when I sell my car?
    This depends on how you bought your Diplomatic car. If you purchased it tax free then you will have to pay the residual VAT on the sale price. Don't worry, we can help you with the process for this.
  • Do you deal with the DVLA on my behalf?
    Yes, we will handle the application to de-register the car with the DVLA.
  • How are payments made?
    After the car has been de-registered and the DVLA issue a V5C registration certificate for the car we will transfer payment to a UK bank account in your name within 24hrs.
bottom of page